Houthis renew missile and drone attacks on Yemen's port of al-Makha
Houthis renew missile and drone attacks on Yemen's port of al-Makha Yemen's Houthis have launched a new wave of missile and drone attacks on the Red Sea port city of al-Makha (Mocha), extending an assault on government-held areas along Yemen's western coast and killing at least 11 people. The latest attacks came on Sunday evening, less than 24 hours after an earlier barrage struck al-Makha and its commercial port. Yemeni government forces said air defences intercepted six drones during the renewed assault, while two ballistic missiles fell into the sea without hitting their targets. Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said the operation targeted Saudi troop concentrations and weapon depots in the area, according to the Reuters news agency. Earlier on Sunday, Attacks on al-Makha killed at least 11 people, including eight military personnel and three civilians, and wounded 32 others, according to the latest toll cited by the AFP news agency.
Aug-10-2026, 00:19:43 GMT
- Country:
- Asia > Middle East > Yemen (1.00)
- Industry:
- Government > Military (1.00)
- Technology:
- Information Technology > Artificial Intelligence > Robots > Autonomous Vehicles > Drones (0.83)