russia
Several killed in Russia's 'double-tap' drone strike on Ukraine mall
Is the war entering a new phase? Several killed in Russia's'double-tap' drone strike on Ukraine mall Several killed in Russia's'double-tap' drone strike on Ukraine mall Ukraine's president accuses Russia of a'cowardly and deliberate' attack on a shopping centre in his hometown of Kryvyi Rih. The'double-tap' attack, which means a second strike was launched to hit first responders, killed at least 16 people and wounded 130 others. Trump: 'We're seeing what happens' on sanctions for Iran Global Sumud Flotilla joins Albania's anti-resort protest Pope Leo urges the world to'help begin reconstruction' of Gaza
Russian double-tap drone strike kills 15 in Ukrainian mall, officials say
To play this video you need to enable JavaScript in your browser. At least 15 people have been killed in a Russian double-tap drone strike on a shopping centre in the central Ukrainian city of Kryvyi Rih, local officials have said. Another 130 people - including 23 children - were injured in the city's biggest mall. More people are also reported to be trapped in the rubble. President Volodymyr Zelensky said the absolutely cynical and despicable daytime attack in his home town was carried out in two waves, with the second strike targeting emergency workers at the scene.
Russian drone attack on busy shopping centre kills 14 in Ukraine
Is the war entering a new phase? Russian drones have hit a busy shopping centre in the central Ukrainian city of Kryvyi Rih, killing at least 14 people and wounding more than 120. Oleksandr Vilkul, head of the Kryvyi Rih Defence Council, said on Telegram that Friday's strikes targeted the city's largest shopping complex, sparking a fire. The death toll as of 8pm local time (17:00 GMT) was 14, with 121 injured, including 22 children. Vilkul said 29 of those injured were in critical condition.
Russia says ready for 'new ideas' on Ukraine war that match Putin's goals
Is the war entering a new phase? Russia says ready for'new ideas' on Ukraine war that match Putin's goals Moscow is ready to listen to new ideas for ending the war in Ukraine, provided they align with President Vladimir Putin's position, a senior Russian diplomat has said. Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said in an interview published by News.ru on Friday that Russia is open to proposals that are in line with "realities on the ground". Moscow previously welcomed the United States' demonstrating "an understanding of Russia's position", but Washington has been distracted from mediation efforts amid its war on Iran . "The Russian Federation is ready to listen to any reasonable proposals and ideas that are in line with the goals set by the Russian president and meet the'realities on the ground'," Ryabkov said.
Russia says more than 600 drones targeted Moscow region
Is the war entering a new phase? Russian officials have reported more than 620 overnight drones targeting Moscow, in what appears to be one of Ukraine's largest attacks on the Russian capital in years. Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said Russian defences shot down 180 drones over the capital region between Monday evening and 5am (02:00 GMT) on Tuesday. He said 17 more drones were shot down en route to the capital later. The drone attack wounded three people, including a 10-year-old girl, Moscow region's Governor Andrey Vorobyov said on Telegram.
Russia warns UK over supplying drones to Ukraine
Russia has accused the UK of deliberately opting for an escalation of the Ukraine crisis following confirmation that British-made drones had been used in strikes on targets in Russia. In doing so, the United Kingdom is acting as an accomplice and co-perpetrator of the bloody crimes and terrorist attacks, the Russian Embassy to the UK wrote in a statement. London's actions will inevitably carry consequences for which it will have to answer, it said, adding that the deeper its involvement in the conflict, the higher the price it will pay. In response, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Defence (MoD) told BBC News that Britain stood shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine. Russia should be in no doubt about the resolve of this Government to stand against Russian aggression, in Ukraine and against the UK and our allies, said the spokesperson in a statement.
At least six people killed in Ukrainian missile attack on Russia's Belgorod
Is the war entering a new phase? At least six people killed in Ukrainian missile attack on Russia's Belgorod At least six people have been killed and four others, including a 14-year-old, have been wounded in a Ukrainian missile strike on western Russia's Belgorod region. The Ukrainian attack on Monday hit the village of Koloskovo in the Valuysky district, acting Belgorod Governor Alexander Shuvaev said on the state-backed MAX platform. Shuvaev said a structure was "burned" and a vehicle damaged in the attack. At the same time, Russian forces launched missile and drone attacks across Ukraine, killing at least four people and wounding 19. At least two people were killed and four injured in a Russian attack on the southeastern region of Zaporizhia.