Goto

Collaborating Authors

 netanyahu


Ex-Colombian president: Restoring Israeli ties applauds Gaza genocide

Al Jazeera

'This is an apartheid regime' Does Trump have real leverage over Netanyahu? Former Colombia President, Gustavo Petro, says restoring ties with Israel while Benjamin Netanyahu is in power'applauds the Gaza genocide'. Colombia's new right-wing government restored ties with Israel, two years after Petro severed diplomatic relations. Chinese robot beats Usain Bolt's 100m world record at humanoid games Thousands flee Sudan's Kordofan fighting for relative safety of El Obeid Iran threatens countries that join US'economic D-Day' More than 200,000 newly displaced in Sudan's Kordofan region Putin warns Ukraine has opened'Pandora's box', rejects peace proposals


Israeli strikes in Gaza kill two, including police chief

Al Jazeera

'This is an apartheid regime' Does Trump have real leverage over Netanyahu? Israeli drone strikes killed at least 2 people and wounded several others in Gaza on Thursday. The attacks came days after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's rejection of US President Donald Trump's latest Gaza peace plan. Are We in the Singularity? Gaza mural for Burger King worker fired for shouting'Free Palestine'


Netanyahu Rejects Trump's 15-Point Peace Plan for Gaza

TIME - Tech

Follow this section to personalize your feed and get instant alerts. Follow Go to your personalized feed WHY FOLLOW? Smart Alerts: Get notified about major news as it happens. Follow this tag to personalize your feed and get instant alerts. Follow Go to your personalized feed WHY FOLLOW?


Israel launches fresh strikes on Lebanon despite Trump criticism

BBC News

Israeli forces have carried out new strikes in southern Lebanon, state media say, despite renewed criticism from US President Donald Trump of Israel's actions in the country. Israeli drone strikes injured several people in Mansouri and Aaziyyeh on Wednesday, while jets attacked Nabatieh al-Fawqa and Kfar Tebnit, Lebanon's National News Agency reported. Israel's military has not commented, but it did say five soldiers were injured in a drone attack in Lebanon by the Iran-backed armed group Hezbollah. Mediator Pakistan has said the deal between the US and Iran to end the war includes Lebanon. On Tuesday, Trump said Israel's prime minister needed to be more responsible with respect to Lebanon.


Trump Says Netanyahu Has to Be 'More Responsible With Respect to Lebanon'

TIME - Tech

Follow this section to personalize your feed and get instant alerts. Follow Go to your personalized feed WHY FOLLOW? Smart Alerts: Get notified about major news as it happens. Follow this tag to personalize your feed and get instant alerts. Follow Go to your personalized feed WHY FOLLOW?


Trump Says U.S. and Iran Reach Deal to End War, Strait of Hormuz to Reopen

TIME - Tech

Follow this section to personalize your feed and get instant alerts. Follow Go to your personalized feed WHY FOLLOW? Smart Alerts: Get notified about major news as it happens. Follow this tag to personalize your feed and get instant alerts. Follow Go to your personalized feed WHY FOLLOW?


Israel strikes Tyre after ordering evacuation of south Lebanon city

BBC News

The Israeli military has said it is carrying out air strikes on Hezbollah targets in Tyre in southern Lebanon, after ordering the evacuation of the entire city. The military told residents that it was compelled to act forcefully in Tyre because the Iran-backed armed group was violating a US-brokered ceasefire that began five weeks ago. Earlier on Wednesday, Lebanese media reported a wave of Israeli strikes across the south and the eastern Bekaa Valley, with four people killed in the towns of Choukine and Nabatieh. Hezbollah, which has itself accused Israel of breaching the ceasefire, said it was battling Israeli troops north of the Litani river, about 30km (19 miles) from the border. It came a day after Israel's prime minister announced an expansion of its ground operation following Hezbollah drone attacks on troops occupying part of southern Lebanon and on civilians in northern Israel.


Eleven killed in Lebanon village as Israel intensifies strikes

BBC News

Israel has launched an intensive wave of strikes across swathes of southern and eastern Lebanon, after vowing to step up its military action against Hezbollah. The Israeli military said it hit more than 100 Hezbollah infrastructure sites and fighters during what was one of the heaviest nights of bombardment since a US-brokered ceasefire began in mid-April. Strikes in the Bekaa Valley village of Mashghara killed 11 people, including two children, Lebanon's health ministry said. The military said it hit sites where terrorist activity was identified. It came after Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he had given the instruction to press the pedal even harder in targeting Hezbollah.


Netanyahu says Israel will intensify strikes against Hezbollah

BBC News

The Israeli military says it has begun a wave of strikes across Lebanon following an announcement by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that his country will intensify its attacks on Hezbollah. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it had launched strikes against Hezbollah sites in the Bekaa Valley in the east of Lebanon and additional areas across the country. It followed a video statement on Monday evening in which Netanyahu said Israel was at war with Hezbollah and that he had given the military instructions to deal them a crushing blow. Earlier this month Lebanon and Israel agreed to extend a 45-day ceasefire, though some fighting has continued. There will be fears in Beirut that these latest Israeli attacks will widen to include Lebanon's capital city.


'U.S. sanctions equate us with drug traffickers,' ICC deputy prosecutor says

The Japan Times

'U.S. sanctions equate us with drug traffickers,' ICC deputy prosecutor says The Hague - The deputy prosecutor of the International Criminal Court on Friday lashed out at U.S. sanctions, arguing they effectively put top court officials on a par with terrorists and drug traffickers. In a wide-ranging interview, Mame Mandiaye Niang also said it would be conceivable to hold an in-absentia hearing against high-level ICC targets such as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Sixty-five-year-old Niang, along with top ICC judges, is subject to sanctions from the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump, in retaliation at the court's arrest warrants for Netanyahu over Israel's campaign in Gaza. In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever. By subscribing, you can help us get the story right. With your current subscription plan you can comment on stories.