Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy has the latest on the president's speech at the U.S. on'Special Report' Federal law enforcement agencies in the Biden administration are reportedly purchasing surveillance drones from China that have previously been labeled a potential national security threat by the Pentagon. The U.S. Secret Service and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have recently acquired surveillance drones from the Shenzhen-based company DJI, around the same time the Defense Department deemed products from the Chinese company to be a potential national security threat, according to an Axios report. DOBRIANSKY AND RUNDE: CHINA'S POWER INSIDE THE UN IS GROWING RAPIDLY AND US MUST UP ITS GAME Procurement records show that the Secret Service bought eight DJI drones on July 26 just three days after the Defense Department issued a statement warning about possible threats posed by the company's products. Around the same time, records show that the FBI bought 19 drones from DJI. DJI is one of the most popular drone manufacturers in the industry, and the company requires those who purchase their products to download proprietary software and provide to users their own mapping databases that have the potential to be monitored remotely. Concerns about the company's products being used to advance China's interests have been longstanding and include a 2017 statement from the Department of Homeland Security that claimed with "moderate confidence" that DJI was "providing U.S. critical infrastructure and law enforcement data to the Chinese government."
The Air Force on Tuesday said Lt. Gen. Sami Said will lead a review of the investigation into the Kabul Aug. 29 drone strike that was intended for ISIS-K militants but actually killed 10 Afghan civilians, including seven children. "The secretary of the Air Force has directed Lt. Gen. Sam Said, the Department of the Air Force inspector general, to investigate the facts and circumstances relating to the civilian casualty event on Aug. 29, 2021, in Kabul, Afghanistan," the Air Force said in a statement. The announcement comes one day after Pentagon press secretary John Kirby told reporters that Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin ordered a senior-level review of the investigation that detailed the day's events. The investigation conducted by the U.S. Central Command found that the military mistakenly identified a white Toyota Corolla, believed to be carrying at least one Islamic State fighter, and instead was carrying a longtime Afghan employee at a U.S. humanitarian organization. The vehicle in question had been tracked for eight hours after initially being spotted in an Islamic State compound in Kabul.
'Fox & Friends Weekend' co-host Pete Hegseth reacts to the U.S. drone that killed civilians instead of ISIS-K members in Afghanistan. After previously avoiding the botched U.S. drone strike that killed Afghan civilians instead of terrorists, both CNN and NBC's Sunday morning news shows dedicated just seconds of coverage to the Biden foreign policy blunder. On Friday, the Pentagon confirmed that the Aug. 28 drone strike was a "tragic mistake" that resulted in ten dead civilians, including seven children, which was meant to be in response to the Aug. 26 terrorist attack outside the Kabul airport that killed 13 U.S. servicemen. This came one week after the New York Times published a stunning visual investigation that came to the same conclusion. The Biden administration had announced that "two high profile" ISIS-K fighters who were dubbed as "planners and facilitators" of the suicide bombing were killed in the strike.
Lara Logan joined Lt. Gen. William Boykin on'Fox News Primetime' to discuss the U.S. drone strike that killed 10 civilians, including seven children. Logan said the U.S. betrayal of Afghan allies caused a scarcity in intelligence. A 39-year-old doctor in Seattle, Wash., Do remembers hearing how her parents sought to leave Saigon after Vietnam fell to communist rule in 1975 and the American military airlifted out allies in the final hours. It took years for her family to finally get out of the country, after several failed attempts, and make their way to the United States, carrying two sets of clothes a piece and a combined $300. When they finally arrived, she was 9 years old.
Lara Logan joined Lt. Gen. William Boykin on'Fox News Primetime' to discuss the U.S. drone strike that killed 10 civilians, including seven children. Logan said the U.S. betrayal of Afghan allies caused a scarcity in intelligence. ISIS-K has claimed responsibility for a number of bomings in Jalalabad that it says specifically targeted the Taliban as tensions between the two groups continue to intensify. The Islamic State claimed responsibility through its Amaq News Agency for six explosions caused by improvised explosive devices (IED) on Saturday and Sunday. The explosions killed or injured over 35 Taliban members.
Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com. President Joe Biden supports an investigation into the August drone strike that killed 10 civilians and up to seven children in Afghanistan, the White House said Monday. Explaining during the White House press briefing that Biden was briefed Friday morning regarding the Pentagon's report about the strike, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said, "I would say, first, the president's view – and all of our view – is that the loss of any civilian life is a tragedy." Psaki went on to reiterate comments from Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and Gen. Kenneth McKenzie that the drone strike was "done in error," and affirmed that "clearly, the investigation that will continue is something the president broadly supports."
'Outnumbered' panel discusses the multiple crises including the Afghanistan drone strike and border surge that could define Biden's presidency After yet another weekend out of sight, Americans should be wondering if our president even wants the job. Joe Biden's campaign was famous for calling early "lids," that is sending his traveling press home for the day before the day was even half over. Campaigns are normally furiously busy events known for crushing schedules and exhausting programming. His was a mellow affair, mostly done on a video feed from his home. The official excuse was COVID-19 and while it certainly made sense that a then-77 year old man might be concerned about catching the virus and would therefore limit his in-person exposure, it didn't make sense that even his remote events were extremely limited and rare.
'Fox & Friends Weekend' co-host Pete Hegseth reacts to the U.S. drone strike that killed civilians instead of ISIS-K members in Afghanistan. Fox News host Pete Hegseth ripped the Biden administration's failed "over-the-horizon" counterterrorism strategy on "The Faulkner Focus" Monday after the Pentagon admitted August's U.S. drone strike targeting ISIS-K members in Afghanistan killed civilians instead. PETE HEGSETH: I'll give a lot of deference to our military in almost every situation, meaning the intentions of that drone operator, the intentions of those attempting to find ISIS bombers based on whatever intelligence we had, those were righteous intentions, they were attempting to keep Americans there safe. And I don't think there was ever an intent to kill civilians. And I don't put that on Joe Biden or General McKenzie or General Milley.
Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo weighs in on the Biden administration's handling of the U.S. troop withdrawal from Afghanistan and the botched Kabul drone strike. Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo slammed the "failed" drone strike in Kabul that was aimed at ISIS-K terrorists, after the Pentagon admitted on Friday that the attack instead killed an aid worker and members of his family including seven children. Speaking with Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures," Pompeo noted that "it's obviously a tragedy that civilians were killed" and argued that the botched strike "is just another piece of an evacuation that was driven by politics" and not driven by "putting America first." SANDERS CHARGES U.S. DRONE STRIKE THAT KILLED AFGHAN CHILDREN WAS'UNACCEPTABLE' Head of the U.S. Central Command Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr. announced Friday that it is unlikely any ISIS-K members were killed in the Kabul drone strike on August 29, which led to multiple civilian casualties. According to U.S. officials, the strike on the vehicle, formerly believed to have been a threat that included bombs and that was operated by ISIS-K militants, took place after a suicide bombing at Kabul airport in Afghanistan killed 13 U.S. service members and civilians.
Fox News anchor Bret Baier offers analysis on that and other breaking news stories, on'Your World'. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont is calling the U.S. drone strike in Afghanistan that mistakenly killed seven children "unacceptable." The comments by Sanders, the progressive champion and runner up to now-President Biden in the race for the 2020 Democratic nomination, comes in the wake of an acknowledgment by the Pentagon that the attack was a "tragic mistake." At the time of the August 29 attack, the Pentagon said the strike had targeted an Islamic State suicide bomber amid the U.S. led evacuation of Americans and Afghan allies at Kabul's international airport, during the final days of the U.S. withdrawal from the warn torn Central Asian nation. The head of U.S. Central Command, Marine Corps General Frank McKenzie, the head of the U.S. Central Command, said that at the time he was confident the drone strike took out averted an imminent threat to U.S. forces at the airport. But reports of civilian causalities quickly emerged and U.S. military leaders later concluded that the strike killed 10 civilians, including seven children.