Goto

Collaborating Authors

Will Artificial Intelligence Write Performance Evaluations One Day?

#artificialintelligence

As CTO of an AI-based startup in New York, Jason Wisdom of Aponia Data can attest that the company uses AI in many communication-related tasks, such report-generating. But he would not want to hand over the performance evaluation process entirely to AI. "I tell my clients, and audiences, that AI is good for automating 80% of the work. The remaining 20% needs to be done by a senior, human professional," he said.


Students Wearing Blackface Masks For Black History Performance Spark Outrage

International Business Times

An Atlanta charter school received severe backlash after second-graders wearing blackface masks put on a performance for a black history program last week, reports said Saturday. A video of students from Kindezi Old Fourth Ward Charter School reciting Paul Laurence Dunbar's poem "We Wear The Mask," while holding black face masks with exaggerated bright red lips and white eyes, went viral over the weekend. The Dunbar poem, which was published in 1913, speaks of oppression endured by African-Americans. It starts by saying: "We wear the mask that grins and lies, It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes, This debt we pay to human guile; With torn and bleeding hearts we smile." The video, which was posted on Facebook, garnered over 2.8 million views and more than 6,000 views at the time of publishing this story.


European parliament given surprise musical performance

BBC News

As the final session of the current European Parliament wrapped up, a Slovenian MEP took the opportunity to give a musical performance.


Why Is HR Not Part Of The Data Driven Organization?

Forbes - Tech

The performance review is a peculiar aspect of working life in that it is equal parts loathed yet endured at the same time. Whilst few of those on either side of the process seem happy with them, most organizations do continue to use them. Indeed, recent data from the Institute for Corporate Productivity suggests that just 10% of companies have discontinued their annual performance appraisals in the last year. What is clear however, is that a lot of companies are looking to reshape their performance processes, with 66% revealing that they plan to re-engineer their performance reviews as a matter of course. So what does this mean in practice?


Artificial Intelligence(AI) Meets Performance Management

#artificialintelligence

Imagine a world where right kind of employee is chosen for the job at a fraction of cost what we currently incur to hire someone. Imagine a workplace where employees are able to work to their maximum potential and any problem which they face can be addressed in real time and the solutions be guided with volumes of data. Imagine a world where employees won't have to face the dreaded year-end ritual of getting appraised by their seniors or peers. All this and much more is possible now with the power of AI.